tisdag 7 juli 2015

Kanske låter lite Amerikanskt.

Thru-hiking forces you to self-diagnosis your ailments, come up with a creative treatment plan - that often does not include rest, and monitor your body to make sure that things don’t get worse. My friend and coach, "The oak" has helped me to expand my medical knowledge. Still, I have done a lot of over the phone and computer diagnosis over the years.
I usually carry prescriptions that I can begin taking immediately if something goes wrong in the backcountry.

And in general I follow the rule:
If it gets better - keep hiking.
If it stays the same - keep hiking.
If it gets worse - keep hiking, until you can get to a doctor.

I have been amazed in throughout all my running injuries and ailments at the body’s resiliency and ability to heal itself. If you’re serious about walking from Georgia to Maine- there is one fact that is undeniable: you are a badass! Few feats in life can compare with thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. It’s a physical accomplishment most cannot fathom. It’s a rite of passage few voluntarily subject themselves to.


Inga kommentarer: